A new process for enrolling students into Foundation commences this year for 2024 Foundation students. The process ensures equitable access to all government primary schools, and directs families to access their local government school as a first priority. Parents due to enrol students for 2024 can access the updated enrolment process information here: https://www2.education.vic.gov.au/pal/enrolment/guidance/foundation-prep-enrolment
The timeline includes key dates, activity descriptions and an overview of responsibilities to help schools to plan for their Foundation enrolments. Key dates and activities for schools in the 2023–24 timeline include the following:
- Schools can receive enrolment applications from parents and carers from the start of Term 2, 2023. This follows the release of 2024 zones on the department’s Find my School website and the publication of Foundation enrolment information packs.
- Enrolment applications from parents and carers are to be submitted by Friday, 28 July 2023.
- For information on how to enrol your child in a Victorian government school and the timeframes for submitting Foundation (Prep) enrolment applications for the 2024 school year please check out the Starting school page.
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information on school zones in Victoria.
Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
Our school manages enrolments using the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and may enrol at another school, if there are available places.
For more information, you can:
- visit School zones for answers to frequently asked questions
- call the Victorian School Building Authority (VSBA) on 1800 896 950
- email the VSBA at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department of Education (DE) has released a new statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including [insert name of your school].
The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation (Prep) in 2024. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in 2023 to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2024 school year.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers for the 2024 school year’ from the Starting School webpage (available from 24 April 2023).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2024 at Albant Rise Primary School from 24 April 2023.
What you need to do:
- Contact our school on 9547 1146 to book a school tour or to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process
- Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 24 April 2023)
- Submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28 July 2023
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023
- Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30 January 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
Enrolment years 1-6
Enrolments are arranged through the office and all newly enrolling families are encouraged to tour the school and chat with the Principal. Tours (currently video tours) can be booked by calling: 9547 1146 or via this link: https://forms.gle/oUymRiWejBGWNdtHA
We are always happy to explain the enrolment process with you, answer any questions you have and provide you with a personalised tour through our School. This will allow you to see first-hand how we can actively help further your child’s education. For more information or to arrange a tour call or visit our School Office.
When submitting the Enrolment Form, please also submit a School Entry Immunisation Certificate issued by either the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register or the City of Monash and your child’s Birth Certificate for copying.
You will also need the following documents:
- Medicare card
- Health Care card (for copying if relevant)
- Work contact details
- Doctor’s contact details
- Emergency contact details (other than parents)
- Access/Custody documentation (if relevant)
Our School Zone
Albany Rise Primary School zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au.
Findmyschool.vic.gov.au hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones for 2020 onwards.
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
Parent Info Booklet
For more information
If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email: email@example.com