Child Safe Standards
Albany Rise Primary School is committed to safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. This will be the primary focus of our care and decision-making.
Albany Rise Primary School has zero tolerance for child abuse.
Albany Rise Primary School is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, and their voices are heard about decisions that affect their lives. Particular attention will be paid to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, as well as the safety of children with a disability.
Every person involved in Albany Rise Primary School has a responsibility to understand the important and specific role he/she plays individually and collectively to ensure that the wellbeing and safety of all children and young people is at the forefront of all they do and every decision they make.
Albany Rise Primary School is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all international students irrespective of their cultural background, native language or diversities. The safety and wellbeing of international students is a key focus of our care and decision-making.
To create and maintain a child safe organisation, Albany Rise Primary School ensures ongoing compliance with the 7 child safe standards :
- strategies to embed an organisational culture of child safety, including through effective leadership arrangements
- a child safe policy or statement of commitment to child safety
- a code of conduct that establishes clear expectations for appropriate behaviour with children
- screening, supervision, training and other human resources practices that reduce the risk of child abuse by new and existing personnel
- processes for responding to and reporting suspected child abuse
- strategies to identify and reduce or remove risks of child abuse
- strategies to promote the participation and empowerment of children
For registered schools, Ministerial Order No. 870 sets out the specific actions to meet these requirements.
Access to our school ‘Child Safe Standards’, ‘Mandatory Reporting’ and ‘Engagement, Inclusion and Wellbeing’ policies is via this website under Policies.
The Engagement, Inclusion and Wellbeing policy clearly outlines school values and expectations of conduct for parents, students and staff.
The following information regarding child safe standards is also available online:
Child Safe Standards Links:
Working with Children Check: https://www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au/
Child Safe Standards: https://www.vrqa.vic.gov.au/childsafe/Pages/standards.html
ACER Connect: https://research.acer.edu.au/connect/
If you require further information regarding Child Safe Standards, please contact the school.